Yesterday, on Facebook, has unleashed the fashion of the wishes for Women's Day (or International Women's Day, which sounds better already.) Many boys community have tagged their friends in a picture representing a bunch of mimosa, others expressed their wishes in the sentences of the profile. Among these, one of my contacts, which, with the best intentions in the world, had brought back that old saying goes that "behind every great man there is always a great woman."
amazed me (why are the usual naive), that he had not realized how outdated and that sentence was inappropriate but, more importantly, I have surprised the comments of other girls thanking him or at least were part of his thinking in the wake ...
I tried not to let it go and do the usual callous feminist, but I did. So I commented to one line: "and why must be always behind?: P".
He said another of his contacts, a child who had commented just before me and thought I had one with him, even though there was no connection between his comment and mine. In fact, more so, as it gave me a chance to explain that I do not like that old phrase "the 50s", in which, to comfort women who were sitting in the house, they were told that contributed by behind the scenes, the success of their husbands. Che stavano dietro, appunto, mai accanto nè, orrore, davanti, e che non mi pareva l'espressione migliore per esemplificare la parità dei sessi...
Il tipo ha detto di aver capito e il mio amico ha modificato la frase del profilo. Quanto e se abbia scosso la testa facendolo, non mi è dato saperlo, così come non posso sapere in quanti altri abbiano letto, e compreso... Spererei almeno in alcune altrE...
...ma temo che siano troppo occupate a festeggiare i 50 anni della Barbie.
0 comments:
Post a Comment